MCA's 2017 "ACES OF LAS VEGAS" METAL ROOFING CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES at METALCON
Celebrating its 4th Annual metal roofing competition to be held this year in Las Vegas, Nevada October 18-20, the MCA Games Task Force is now taking contestant registrations for teams of two participants. Team participants should be from one company and planning to attend METALCON all 3 days of the event.
- There will be five challenges each on Wednesday and Thursday October 18 and 19. The team that scores the highest collective points each day will be required to return on Friday October 20 for a run-off competition. The winning team on Friday will be recognized as the 2017 MCA Metal Roofing National Champion and receive a Grand Cash Prize.
The “2017 Aces of Las Vegas” Challenges and Starting Times are described as follows:
- 1:00 PM - The Retrofit Panel Installation Challenge, where teams will install 3 each 36” wide ribbed panels onto purlins pre-installed on the challenge’s mock-up framing.
- 2:00 PM - The Triangle Fastener Corporation’s “Screw Gun Challenge”, where contestants will install a series of self-drilling fasteners into a structural zee-shaped purlin member. Fastest time and properly seated fasteners will determine the winning team.
- 3:00 PM - The Roof Hugger, LLC “Hug A Roof Challenge”, where contestants will install 40 lineal feet of factory-notched zee-shaped sub-purlins on a mock-up existing ribbed metal roof paneled frame. Fastest time, properly seated fasteners and sub-purlin alignment will determine the winning team.
- 4:00 PM - The New Tech Machinery & Drexel Metal’s “Standing Seam Challenge”, where contestants will install 6 each 16-inch wide metal roof panels over the factory-notched sub-purlins. Fastest time and properly seated panel seams will determine the winning team.
- 5:00 PM - The S-5! “Let it Snow Challenge”, where contestants will install S-5! ColorGard® snow retention onto the 16-inch metal roof panels. Fastest time, properly seated fasteners and ColorGard® alignment will determine the winning team.
- Each challenge will last 15 to 30 minutes
- Judging will be provided by the Metal Building Contractors and Erectors Association (MBCEA)
- Cash awards are provided by generous MCA member companies and amounts will be announced at a later date
- Each contestant will be required to sign a liability waiver and disclaimer prior to each daily competition
- Each team will be provided required power and hand tools, gloves and safety glasses
- Each contestant will be required to wear rubber sole non-slip shoes
To register, click here for instructions and registration form.
All cash prizes provided by the Metal Construction Association.
The MCA Roofing Championship Games are the property of the Metal Construction Association. All images of video or photography are the property of MCA and cannot be used for any purpose without written consent of MCA. These games are not meant to be an accurate representation of any product.
Watch MCA Rumble in the Rockies in Denver at METALCON 2014!