"ACES OF LAS VEGAS" MCA/METALCON
METAL ROOFING CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES
Celebrating its 4th Annual metal roofing competition to be held at this year, the MCA Games Task Force has finalized the event schedule. Being held October 18-20, there will be five challenges each of the first two days. In recognition of the METALCON venue being held in Las Vegas this year, the appropriately named theme is “Aces of Las Vegas” for this event.
Each day, 5 pre-registered teams with 2 contestants each will compete for cash awards each day. On Friday, the third day, the two teams from Wednesday and Thursday that had the most collective points will compete for the Grand Cash Prize of $8,500 and title of “MCA METALCON 2017 National Metal Roofing Champion”
The Aces of Las Vegas Competitions and Starting Times for each day:
- 1:00 PM - The MBCI & Pac-Clad "Retrofit Panel Installation Challenge", where contestants will install the "base" R-panel roofing onto the Games steel-framed mock-ups that are 8'x9'
- 2:00 PM - The Triangle Fastener Corporation’s “Screw Gun Challenge”, where contestants will install a series of self-drilling fasteners into a structural zee-shaped purlin member. Fastest time and properly seated fasteners will determine the winning team.
- 3:00 PM - The Roof Hugger, LLC. “Hug A Roof Challenge”, where contestants will install 40 lineal feet of factory-notched zee-shaped sub-purlins on a mock-up existing ribbed metal roof paneled frame. Fastest time, properly seated fasteners and sub-purlin alignment will determine the winning team.
- 4:00 PM - The New Tech Machinery & Drexel Metal’s “Standing Seam Challenge”, where contestants will install 6 each 16-inch wide metal roof panels over the factory-notched sub-purlins. Fastest time and properly seated panel seams will determine the winning team.
- 5:00 PM - The S-5! “Let it Snow Challenge”, where contestants will install S-5! ColorGard® snow retention onto the 16-inch metal roof panels. Fastest time, properly seated/torqued fasteners and ColorGard® alignment will determine the winning team.
- Each challenge will last 15 to 30 minutes
- Judging will be provided by the Metal Building Contractors and Erectors Association (MBCEA)
- Cash awards provided by MCA member companies & each competition award & National Championship amounts will be announce later
- Each contestant will be required to sign a liability waiver and disclaimer prior to each daily competition
- Each team will be provided required power and hand tools, gloves and safety glasses
- Each contestant will be required to wear rubber sole non-slip shoes
- Only one company's team of two contestants can compete each day Wednesday and Thursday. This means two separate teams can compete on separate days, one team each day.
To register, click here for instructions and registration form.
PLEASE NOTE: You must be registered to attend METALCON 2017 to participate. Click here to register for METALCON
Cash Award, Primary Material & Equipment Sponsors this year are:
The MCA/METALCON Roofing Championship Games are the property of the Metal Construction Association and METALCON. All images of video or photography are the property of MCA/METALCON and cannot be used for any purpose without written consent. These games are not meant to be an accurate representation of any product.
Watch the very first MCA Championship Game in Denver at METALCON 2014!