PSMJ Resources Inc. – Virtually every viable economic concern has an advisory board. Savvy project managers are taking a cue and assembling personal “advisory boards” of their own.
Your board can help with everything from getting through a day’s activities to making big strides in career advancement. Identify a mentor in each of the following areas:
- Professional services
- Politics and public relations
- Extracurricular, work-related activities
Ask the person to act as your “doctor,” “coach,” and “agent”:
- Your doctor will tell you what’s good for you, even when you don’t want to hear it.
- Your coach will encourage you when you’re down and push you hard when you need motivation.
- Your agent will look out for your best interests and give you feedback on how you are received in the workplace