The MBCEA 47th Annual Conference is scheduled for May 19-21 in Clearwater Beach, Florida. We have a fabulous program that includes:
- Brad Curtis, President of Tyler Building Systems and Chair of the MBMA together, with Dan Walker, Assistant General Manager will provide a meaningful update on the state of the metal building industry, trends, and MBMA priorities.
- R.C. Antal, ATAS International will be presenting an AIA CES course on Insulated Metal Panels. New this year, we will market this program to local architects and engineers!
- Leading the Way – leadership skills for effective management. Core concepts that could be applied by company owners, project supers, and foreman alike.
- Contract Clauses That Kill will highlight the contract clauses that typically are the subject of litigation and how to address them. Josh Quinter will also share war stories about prior litigation experiences.
- Tim Kessel, Bay Insulation will present on new energy efficiency and new codes in relation to building insulation.
- Merit will demo their software solution for tracking and providing training.
- Documenting Your Project – helping field personnel understand the importance of completing paperwork.
- Insulation Installation Techniques for an “Air Tight” Envelope – How to make corners air tight, education on how it’s tested, etc. by Bill Beals, Therm-All
- We will even have a scale model live mock-up demonstrating techniques for IMP installation.
We have one more session that is sure to be exciting. David Gochenour, of Merit Builders was an early adopter to AC478. He also has the good fortune to have a brilliant young IT guy on staff, Joaquin Rodriguez. Dave charged Joaquin with creating a technology platform that the field could use; that would meet the standards of AC478; that would facilitate company training initiatives; and would be paperless. Merit is coming to our conference to demonstrate their system. The goal of this session is to open our minds to the potential for how technology can be used to improve our business and bottom-line.
Many of our sessions are offered simultaneously so we urge you to bring a colleague. In addition to these great training sessions, we have a great round of golf planned, a fun cocktail meet & greet reception, awards banquet and fan favorite Contractors & Erectors Round Table. What are you waiting for? Follow the link below and register today!
Thursday May 19, 2016 to Saturday May 21, 2016