Chicago, IL – Celebrating its 3rd annual Metal Roofing Championship Games competition to be held at METALCON on October 26 and 27, 2016, in Baltimore, MD, the MCA MRCG Task Force has finalized the event schedule. This year, there will be five challenges each day under the appropriately named theme: “Battle Stars Over Baltimore” in recognition of the birthplace of the Star Spangled Banner.
Each day, 5 teams with 2 contestants each will compete for a minimum $250 cash award in each of the challenges or $1,250 each day. While the Task Force is actively soliciting more Award Sponsors from the MCA membership, each challenge’s cash award amount will be finalized at a later date.
The Challenges with each their sponsoring MCA Members are described as follows:
1. The Triangle Fastener Corporation’s “Screw Gun Challenge”, where contestants will install a series of self-drilling fasteners into a structural zee-shaped purlin member. Fastest time and properly seated fasteners will determine the winning team.
2. The Roof Hugger Inc. “Hug A Roof Challenge”, where contestants will install 40 lineal feet of factory-notched zee-shaped sub-purlins on a mock-up existing ribbed metal roof paneled frame. Fastest time, properly seated fasteners and sub-purlin alignment will determine the winning team.
3. The New Tech Machinery & Drexel Metal’s “Standing Seam Challenge”, where contestants will install 6 each 16-inch wide metal roof panels over the factory-notched sub-purlins. Fastest time and properly seated panel seams will determine the winning team.
4. The D.I. Roof Seamers “Seam It Up Challenge”, where contestants will operate a standing seam roof seamer over the 16-inch wide metal roof panel seams. Fastest time and properly seamed panels will determine the winning team.
5. The S-5! “Let it Snow Challenge”, where contestants will install S-5! ColorGard® snow retention onto the 16-inch metal roof panels. Fastest time, properly seated fasteners and ColorGard® alignment will determine the winning team.
Judging will be provided by the Metal Building Contractors and Erectors Association (MBCEA).
If interested in signing up your team to compete in the competition, contact any of the above Sponsoring MCA Members. Contact Info for each is as follows:
1. Triangle Fastener Corp, Randy Allen at email@example.com.
2. Roof Hugger Inc., Mark James at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. New Tech Machinery/Drexel Metal, John DeBerard at email@example.com.
4. D.I. Roof Seamers, Jonathan Rider at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. S-5!, Shawn Haddock at email@example.com.
Other questions about the Metal Roofing Championship Games can be directed to Mark James at 214-213-1070 or firstname.lastname@example.org.