You’ve been hearing us mention it lately and it’s regularly mentioned in the industry trades, but what is it? Quite simply defined as CON – Construction … TECH – Technology! It is the “wave of the future” and it will be featured up close and in depth at METALCON 2019! This new technology hub on the show floor is being brought to you by United States Steel Corporation.
According to a Forbes article published last year, “There are plenty of definitions of the term out there. Some of these are broad, others narrow it down to just the actual construction process. In reality, there is a lot of overlap between construction and management and it is impossible to consider ConTech siloed away from the rest of technological innovation in the built environment. I like to define ConTech as the technology used to innovate the way we plan, design, and build structures, as well as the manufacture and installation of their components.” The article goes on to detail four additional basics including the delineation between ConTech and proptech, the types of “tech” that ConTech encompasses, and the estimated and potential market size for ConTech.
Experience all of the hottest trends in construction technology, all in one place, at METALCON 2019! A variety of companies will be on hand to demonstrate 3D Visualization & Modeling, Wireless Sensors, Internet of Things (IoT), Virtual Reality, Drones and more. Learn from the experts on how technology is changing the way the industry designs and builds.
Check out this impressive list of technology companies that will be at METALCON 2019 to exhibit the latest products and solutions:
- The Glimpse Group – a virtual reality and augmented reality company, comprised of multiple VR and AR software and servicing the architecture, healthcare, food, training, data visualization and content management markets.
- ARKTEK 3D – an advanced architectural designing platform, offering high-quality, custom 3D home designing and rendering services.
- Revizto – a real-time issue tracking software for architecture, engineering and construction with a focus on collaboration and BIM project coordination.
- NoteVault – a simplified daily reporting solution to document job site data and project activity, and the only construction reporting solution to use human transcription – team members can record audio notes in the field, and the audio is converted into the text of each daily report.
- Geomni – providing aerial imagery, machine learning (AI) and detailed property measurement data serving a variety of industries.
- The Blue Book Building & Construction Network – the largest and most active network in the commercial construction industry providing digital workflow solutions that enable construction professionals to find and spec products, share project documents, streamline bid communications, and view, markup and takeoff documents.
- Virtuele – providing machine learning and artificial intelligence tools to help you make the right decisions in your projects.
- Solution Huddle – providing cloud solutions including business intelligence and analytics, cloud infrastructure and services, and IoT to help your company grow revenue, increase efficiency, manage information and improve profitability.
- Hammett Technologies – brings enterprise-level technology services and support to small to midsize businesses providing one team to affordably secure, manage and support your entire technology program.
- 360Connect – helps connect businesses with quality suppliers for B2B products and services.
- FELUX – makes it easy to buy and sell metal, find competitive prices, and increase your sales. Transact, upload materials for sale, post RFQs, and compare quotes in seconds.
As an added bonus, industry experts from Geomni, Solution Huddle and Hammett Technologies will present educational sessions on their cutting-edge products and latest trends in construction technology. Education sessions are included in your Total Experience registration.
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: If you plan to attend METALCON, you will have a chance to win a “Mega Prize” just by visiting and scanning your badge at the CONTECH counter. The winner will be selected at random and win a 3-day/2-night stay at the Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino, a $400 food and beverage credit and a roundtrip limo airport transfer! (Vegas is the location of METALCON 2020!).