After several months of submissions and judging, Metal Construction News has announced the winners of their 2019 Metal Construction News Building & Roofing Awards.
- Grand Award: Clear Lake Recreation & Wellness Center, The University of Houston, Clear Lake, Texas
- Metal Buildings: Drivers Club, Redmond, Wash.
- Judges Award: Calgary Central Library, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- New Metal Roofs: Viking Lakes Canopy, Eagan, Minn.
- Retrofit Metal Roofs: Steeple Square, Dubuque, Iowa
- Judges Award: Facebook MPK21 Building, Menlo Park, Calif.
- New Metal Walls: 108 Chambers, New York City
- Retrofit Metal Walls: Pier 17, New York City
The judges included: Alan Reed, FAIA, LEED AP, president and design principal, GWWO Architects, Baltimore, Douglas V. Pierson, AIA, LEED AP, BD+C, co-founder, architect and design principal, pod architecture + design, Chapel Hill, N.C., and Michael O’Connor, AIA, ACHA, principal/director of healthcare, Nichols, Melburg & Rossetto Architects + Engineers, Redding, Calif.