Sponsored by the American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC), the annual Innovative Design in Engineering and Architecture with Structural Steel (IDEAS²) Award program recognizes projects that illustrate the exciting possibilities of building with structural steel.
This year’s winner’s included the following outstanding projects:
- Hinterland in Green Bay, Wisconsin
- Marvin Gaye Recreation Center in Washington DC
- Mori Hosseini Student Union – Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Daytona Beach, Florida
- Canyon View High School in Waddell, Arizona
- Wilshire Grand Center in Los Angeles, California
- Sutter Health CPMC Van Ness Campus – Viscous Wall Dampers in San Francisco, California
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport Modernization in Atlanta, Georgia
- Little Charlotte Office Monumental Stair in Charlotte, North Carolina
- Belmont Gateway Canopy – Chicago Transit Authority in Chicago, Illinois
All photos courtesy of AISC.
Check out AISC’s stunning 2020 Winner’s Book showcasing the winners and providing details on the unique construction design and use of structural steel.
ENTRIES FOR THE 2021 IDEAS² AWARDS ARE NOW OPEN!
Calling all innovators! If you recently worked on a particularly outstanding project that featured structural steel, submit an entry. The IDEAS² Awards showcase the innovative use of structural steel in:
- the accomplishment of the structure’s program
- the expression of architectural intent
- the application of innovative design approaches to the structural system
- leveraging productivity-enhancing construction methods
Submit it for a 2021 IDEAS² Award by 11:59 p.m. Central on Oct. 15, 2020!
METALCONLive! is Back! Carve out only one hour of your time next week and REGISTER for this FREE live, online event. The topic “Construction, Metal Construction and Design: Trends and Outlook” will be moderated by Frank Stasiowski, FAIA and METALCON Co-Founder in partnership with the Metal Construction Association and include the following industry expert panel:
- Tony Bouquot, General Manager, Metal Building Manufacturers Association
- Paul Giovannoni, Managing Director, FMI Corporation
- Alan Scott, FAIA, LEED Fellow, Senior Consultant, Building Science Solutions at Intertek
- Sarah Skidmore, Leadership Development Consultant and Executive Coach, Skidmore Consulting