METALCON is dedicated to making 2021 the safest event you attend all year.
We are only 14 days away from bringing the metal construction industry back together for the first time in two years and want you to know the health and safety of our attendees, exhibitors, speakers, sponsors, partners and staff is our top priority.
We are continuously monitoring the COVID-19 situation and working with the city of Tampa and the Tampa Convention Center to follow best practices and recommendations from public health officials, as well as national, state, regional, and local authorities including the CDC. As such, and in following CDC guidelines, METALCON strongly recommends all individuals, both vaccinated and unvaccinated, to wear a mask, maintain social distancing, regularly clean hands, and mask regardless of vaccination status when you are in large gatherings.
METALCON’s Health and Safety Standards
To ensure the health and safety of all METALCON participants, we are working diligently to implement the following standards:
- Contactless Registration. Pre-registration is highly encouraged for all attendees. Contactless registration points will be provided at all partnering hotels and in the convention center.
- Event space will be designed for safe distancing during presentations, meals, and events.
- Social distancing of at least 6’ feet and ensuring all aisle ways and entryways follow social distancing guidelines will be strong encouraged.
- We will work with the venue to enhance food and beverage safety measures.
- Hand sanitizing stations and complimentary masks will be available.
- Appropriate signage with safety messages will be placed throughout the convention center.
- On-site EMT will be available during show hours. The EMT office is located just off the show floor.
- An on-site staff member trained in COVID-19 response and prevention will be available to answer any questions.
- The closest COVID testing sites available near the TCC can be found here: https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/testing-sites/.
- Contact Tracing. Should it become necessary, we will work with local authorities to trace all known cases of the COVID-19 virus that may become apparent at or immediately following the show.
TAMPA CONVENTION CENTER – HEALTH AND SAFETY MESSAGE
The Tampa Convention Center has achieved GBAC Star standing, the highest standard of cleaning a convention center can achieve according to ISSA the Worldwide Cleaning Industry Association. In addition to the GBAC Cleaning standard, the exhibit hall and the meeting rooms will be electrostatically cleaned each night, helping us make this the cleanest tradeshow possible.
THE CITY OF TAMPA – COVID RESOURCES
Visit Tampa Bay is committed to the safety of its visitors, partners and community and will continue to monitor the situation very closely.
Visit Tampa Bay Dining Guide for a list of restaurants and their dining status.
Tampa is the home of Florida’s Most open-air adventures including Busch Gardens® Tampa Bay to the amazing animal encounters at ZooTampa at Lowry Park and The Florida Aquarium. Click HERE for an update on Tampa’s attractions, hours of operations, and more.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
City of Tampa COVID-19 Information
Join us October 6-8 at the Tampa Convention Center for METALCON 2021, the one The only global event dedicated exclusively to the application of metal in design and construction. REGISTER TODAY. METALCON is produced by PSMJ Resources, Inc. and sponsored by the Metal Construction Association.