Before 2021 comes to a close, METALCON would like to acknowledge and congratulate the 2021 Metal Construction Hall of Fame inductees announced over the summer by Metal Construction News.
These five honorees have made significant contributions to the metal construction industry, often through volunteer work and often at some risk to their own careers. Starting new companies and associations can backfire, but these inductees successfully navigated those paths to give their expertise to an industry that was grateful to receive it. Congratulations to the following inductees:
- Walter D. Behlen (1905-1994) created the world’s first stressed-skin metal building, and founded Behlen Manufacturing Corp., Columbus, Neb., and was one of the founders of the Metal Building Manufacturers Association.
- Tom Black was the founding executive director of the Metal Roofing Alliance, which has been instrumental in growing the market share of metal roofing in residential construction.
- Scott Kriner was the first chairman of the Cool Metal Roofing Alliance and, through his work as technical director for the Metal Construction Association and his consulting, has been a major force in pushing the industry towards greater sustainability.
- Mike Reynolds traveled the country to help make the “Quality and Craftsmanship Training Series” a reality, bringing much-needed training to the metal building workforce, and helped usher in the AC478 Accreditation program that established standards for metal building assemblers.
- Terry Wolfe, PE, through Force Engineering and Testing, Humble, Texas, helped provide guidance and direction to some of the stalwarts of the metal construction industry.
Over the last nine years, MCN has worked with their partners at the Metal Building Manufacturers Association, the Metal Building Contractors & Erectors Association and the Metal Construction Association, to identify 60 people who represent the excitement of the industry. MCN thanks the following industry leaders for judging this year’s awards:
- Greg Pasley, Ph.D., PE, chair, MBMA
- Art Hance, president, MBCEA
- Jim Bush, president, MCA
- John Paul Lawrence, president, Modern Trade Communications
You can learn more about all of the Metal Construction Hall of Fame honorees and view the full list of inductees at www.metalconstructionnews.com/metal-construction-hall-of-fame. Modern Trade Communications is the founding partner and underwriter of the program.