“This course provided me with a better understanding of the safety related intricacies in metal building construction.” – Steve Wykoff, TKS Contracting
Back by popular demand, the inaugural METALFOCUS® Safety Program is available ONLINE for you to use as a valuable training tool for you and your employees. Safety is a priority for every metal business but how do you prove it to your employees, your customers and your insurance company? How do you ensure your entire team is aware of the latest metal safety rules, tools, trends and techniques to avoid costly or potentially fatal accidents? This series of 10 one-hour virtual courses goes beyond traditional OSHA-10 safety training to address situations that are unique to metal job-sites.
All 10 METALFOCUS training courses are now available for you or your staff to access On-Demand. Each course earns you 1 AIA HSW LU and certificate. Earn 10 AIA HSW LU Credits by taking the full program!
- Reduce risk of lost-time accidents and damage to equipment which can lead to lower insurance premiums
- Lower risk of regulatory fines
- Improve your company culture and employee morale
Choose from the following courses, mix and match or take all 10!
- OSHA’s Steel Erection Standard (29 CFR 1926 Subpart R)
- Fall Protection Planning
- Hot Work & HW Permits
- Rigging Safety Considerations (Not a rigging certification class)
- Crane Ops & Lift Planning
- Supervisor Safety Responsibilities
- Project Safety Planning
- Job Safety Analysis (JSA)
- Incident Reporting & Investigation
- Managing OSHA Inspections
Program participant Brian Gray with Architectural Building Systems says, “It’s a great refresher. I can continue to pass this information down to the 50-100 employees we have on our crew.”
Your METALFOCUS® Safety Program Instructor:
Craig Shaffer President, SafetyWorks, Inc
Craig is a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) with over 30 years of occupational safety and health experience in the construction and manufacturing industries. He is an authorized instructor for construction OSHA-10 & OSHA-30 courses.