FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
METALCON Announces The Architect’s Experience
Meet Industry Experts & Earn Nearly a Year’s Worth of Continuing Education Credits
(Newton, Mass., – July 29, 2022) — The Architect’s Experienceat METALCON– the only global event dedicated exclusively to the application of metal in design and construction – announces special programming for architects, designers, specifiers and engineers at this year’s annual conference and tradeshow, which takes place in Indianapolis beginning Oct. 12.
The Architect’s Experience is a “show-within-a-show” – a series of events over two days – focused on the use of metal as a design and construction component. Attendees will take away practical knowledge and techniques to breathe new life into their projects and solve the toughest architectural, structural, environmental and building performance challenges―all through the use of metal.
Who Should Attend?
Architects, designers, specifiers and engineers of all experience levels, including associates, studio leads, specification writers, technology managers, project managers and principals.
What is the Experience?
Discover limitless applications for metal in design; see the latest metal products available for the building envelope and interior from insulated metal panels and metal roofing products to finishes and coatings; hear from the “Dean of North American Building Science” as he delves into the world of energy flow; and earn nearly a year’s worth of continuing education credits (CEUs)—all in one place.
- Earn up to 19 AIA LUs and 12 HSWs – Hear from respected thought leaders, award-winning architects, and industry experts, including a featured special keynote presentation by Joe Lstiburek of Building Science Corporation in his keynote address, There’s No Such Thing as a Free Thermodynamic Lunch – How Changing Energy Flow Changes Everything. Lstiburek explores how to match current design and construction practices with the advances of the energy-efficient world, creating a complete symbiotic energy-efficient building.
- Attend 25+ Education Sessions – Learn about metal’s inspiring versatility and exceptional performance, including a special track of courses exclusively for architects:
Clif Bar Headquarters Case Study – Incorporating Metal in Biophilic Design
Cladding Safety in Light of Global Fires
From Cooling to Color Changing: New Pigments Deliver Benefits Architects Appreciate
Embodied Carbon and EBLCA in Pre-Fab Construction
- Special Architects-Only Guided Floor Tour – Led by architecture experts from PSMJ Resources, Inc., the leading A/E/C industry executive education and global advisory group, attendees can connect directly with metal construction innovators delivering new uses, new metal construction products and innovations in building performance, sustainability, resilience and environmental impact.
- 3-Day access to the exhibit hall – Connect with experts from the world’s leading manufacturers of metal components.
- Exclusive networking opportunities – Located on the show floor, The Architect’s Experience pavilion provides a relaxing lounge area where you can recharge and network with colleagues.
“Metal is one of the most sustainable building materials on the planet, delivering awide array of benefits to design professionals,” said METALCON Show Director, Judy Geller.“Metal’s beauty, versatility, durability and sustainability opens it up to virtually limitless applications and METALCON is the only one place to see, touch, and discuss all of them in-person.”
METALCON has partnered with AEC Daily for this year’s Architect Experience. The showtakes place at the Indiana Convention Center, Wednesday, Oct. 12–Friday, Oct. 14, 2022, with pre-show workshops beginning on Tuesday, Oct. 11.
METALCON is the largest international event in the metal construction and design industry. Established in 1991, it’s the only annual tradeshow and conference devoted exclusively to the application of metal in design and construction. Each year, contractors, architects, developers, owners, fabricators, manufacturers and suppliers attend. Industry experts from 200 leading companies exhibit the latest products, solutions and game-changing technologies while sharing their knowledge with attendees. METALCON’S success is based on a dynamic exhibit hall, extensive educational programs and interactive learning opportunities. Produced by PSMJ Resources, Inc., in partnership with the Metal Construction Association, this is the event’s first time in Indianapolis. For more information, visit www.metalcon.com or call 800-537-7765.