Last Updated: September 2 at 3:34pm
METALCON is dedicated to making 2021 the safest event you attend all year
As we plan to bring the Metal Construction Industry back together for the first time in two years, the health and safety of our attendees, exhibitors, speakers, sponsors, partners and staff is, and will remain, our top priority.
We continuously monitor the COVID-19 situation and are committed to working with the city of Tampa and the Tampa Convention Center to follow best practices and recommendations from public health officials, as well as national, state, regional, and local authorities including the CDC. Currently, the CDC recommends being all individuals, both vaccinated and unvaccinated wear a mask, social distancing, cleaning hands, and masking regardless of vaccination status when you are in large gatherings.
METALCON’s Health and Safety Standards
To ensure the health and safety of all METALCON participants, we are working diligently to implement the following standards:
- Contactless Registration. Pre-registration is highly encouraged for all attendees. We will provide contactless registration points at all partnering hotels and in the convention center.
- We are planning our event space for safe distancing during presentations, meals, and events.
- We will encourage social distancing of at least 6’ feet and ensure that all aisle ways and entryways encourage the recommended social distancing guidelines.
- We will work with the venue to enhance food and beverage safety measures.
- An abundance of hand sanitizing stations and complimentary masks will be available.
- We will place friendly reminders of safety practices throughout the convention center
- An EMT will be on-site and available during show hours. The EMT office is located just off the show floor.
- An on-site staff member trained in COVID-19 response and prevention will be available to answer any questions.
- The closest COVID testing sites available near the TCC can be found here: https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/testing-sites/.
- Contact Tracing. Should it become necessary, we will work with local authorities to trace all known cases of the COVID-19 virus that may become apparent at or immediately following the show
METALCON Partnering Venues Health Safety Standards
Tampa Convention Center
Cleanliness procedures for the GBAC Star rated TCC: www.tampagov.net/tcc/home
Obtained the Global Biorisk Advisory Council Star, or GBAC Star. The GBAC star is the cleaning industry’s highest standard and is given out by the ISSA, the world leading cleaning industry association. Cleaning standards for the GBAC Star include but are not limited to: establishing and maintaining a cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention program to minimize risks associated with infectious agents like the novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) and Highly informed cleaning professionals who are trained for outbreak infectious disease preparation and response.
Marriott and Westin
Commitment to Clean: https://clean.marriott.com/
Marriott has stated a commitment to clean at all of their properties. This includes utilizing hospital grade disinfectants on all high touch surfaces including those in the lobby and common areas, air purifying systems throughout the properties, disinfecting wipes available in each hotel room, and limiting guest contact. All hotel guest rooms are fully cleaned and sanitized between each registered guest.
Hilton and Embassy Suites
Hilton has implemented a program throughout all their properties called “CleanStay” including hospital-grade sanitization of high-touch surfaces in all hotel common areas, and mask requirements when in indoor public areas, and increased contactless food delivery systems. Guest rooms are fully cleaned and sanitized using Lysol brand products and the rooms are inspected prior to being sealed by a cleaning manager.
Tampa International Airport (TPA)
Tampa International Airport has upgraded their health and safety measures in all aspects of their property. All passengers and staff members are required to wear a mask at all times at TPA, amenities (such as certain retail and food outlets) are currently unavailable, limiting contact touchpoints, and a dedicated COVID-19 testing site on the property. The airport is also doing regular cutting edge sanitization of all aspects of the facility.
For additional information on airline specific requirements, please check their websites regularly for updated information.
REGISTRATION FOR METALCON 2021 IS OPEN!
We promise to continue to keep you informed as we get closer to METALCON so be sure to check this page regularly. We are confident that with your support and these safety measures in place, we can all meet safely in Tampa for a fantastic event.
We can’t wait to host you in Tampa this October!