Decoding the Language of Rainscreens
Rainscreens are not a product, they are an assembly. The assembly is comprised of building components installed by different trades. Different trades use different terminology. How do we come to a common language? RAiNA has spent two years decoding the rainscreen language and developing terms and definitions for components and functions used in the rainscreen industry, as well as how to actively and effectively communicate them throughout the construction and design industry. This session explains the various components of a rainscreen assembly and the functions that the rainscreen provides.
- Learn the process RAiNA undertook to develop terms
- Get the terms and definitions associated with rainscreen assembly, and why these terms are important to communicate effectively
- Contrast similar terms to identify most appropriate rainscreen term
- Translate rainscreen terms into common construction language for accurate and safe communication
- Understand the importance of appropriate terms and their usage to ensure accurate and safe communication amongst stakeholders
Registration includes access to all exhibits, education sessions on the show floor, keynotes and networking events.