(Newton, Mass., – January 21, 2022) — METALCON, the only global event dedicated exclusively to
the application of metal in design and construction, announces its 2022 Call for Presentations. The
program committee is seeking dynamic presenters who can educate, engage and inspire attendees
with presentations on real-world topics, challenges and opportunities in the industry.
The committee encourages presentations that employ a variety of delivery formats such as case
studies, panel discussions, product compare & contrast, point-counterpoint, small group
discussions/roundtables, hands-on learning and tips, tricks and hacks. Courses eligible for AIA LU or
HSW credits and/or ICC CEU credits are preferable.
Educational sessions are 60 minutes in length (including Q&A) and will take place in the METALCON
Learning Centers and Main Stage Theater located inside the exhibit hall. Sessions must be targeted to
specific audience segments, including general and sub-contractors in commercial, residential and
institutional construction, architects, designers, specifiers, engineers, installers, crews and more.
METALCON also has limited opportunities for extended in-depth workshops. These courses should be
certifications, extensive trainings or specialty courses.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
• All aspects of building and construction related to metal from basic to advanced concepts
• Designing with and specifying metal for roofing, walls, cladding
• Trends in materials, tools, techniques, building codes
• Metal in architecture/design
• Topics related to the building envelope including roofing, walls, cladding, air barriers, and rain
• Construction technologies, benefits/challenges/implementation/resources
• Metal construction safety
• Business strategies including project management, sales, marketing, legal
• Labor, workforce development, diversity, recruiting/encouraging/supporting the next
• Sustainability, resiliency, solar, off-site/modular
METALCON 2022 takes place at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis on Wednesday, Oct. 12
– Friday, Oct. 14, 2022 with pre-show workshops beginning on Tuesday, Oct. 11. To submit call for
presentations by Feb. 18, complete this online form.
METALCON is the largest international event in the metal construction and design industry.
Established in 1991, it’s the only annual tradeshow and conference devoted exclusively to the
application of metal in design and construction. Each year, contractors, architects, developers, owners,
fabricators, manufacturers and suppliers from more than 50 countries attend. Industry experts from
200 leading companies exhibit the latest products, solutions and game-changing technologies while
sharing their knowledge with attendees. METALCON’S success is based on a dynamic exhibit hall,
extensive educational programs and interactive learning opportunities. Produced by PSMJ Resources,
Inc., in partnership with the Metal Construction Association, this is the event’s first time in
Indianapolis. For more information, visit www.metalcon.com or call 800-537-7765.